"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
 
Elder Morgan W. Young
Elder Morgan W. Young, a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was shot and killed by an unknown assailiant late Monday afternoon. He was serving as a member of the Richmond, Virginia Mission along with his companion, Elder Joshua Heidbrink. Elder Heidbrink was also shot and remains hospitalized as of this writing.

Every missionary mother's nightmare just came true for the parents of Elder Young. Godspeed to him, and may the Lord watch over those who have been given cause to mourn in this new year.

UPDATE: Chesapeake Police have arrested and charged James R. Boughton with first-degee murder, malicious wounding, attempted malicious wounding and three counts of using a gun during the commission of a felony in connection with the death of Elder Young and the wounding of Elder Heidbrink.

Evidently the Elders were witnesses to a crime. Wrong place, wrong time. No word on "special circumstances" being attached to the first degree murder charge.
Comments:
With such sadness, I have tried too keep up to date on this story.

My heart just goes out.
 
I am glad they caught the punk.. All those prayers from all over the world, i knew he wouldn't be free very long.. Maybe one day this kid will understand the magnitude of what he did.. We are praying for the Young family..
 
Hi There
That is so sad to hear.My thoughts go out to the families
 
I hadn't heard that anyone had been arrested. I was praying for that. This whole thing is tragic and sad. Thank you for your post.
 
It is so sad. So unexplainable. Why are some protected in those kinds of circumstances and other not.? It seems trite to say it was his time but maybe it was. On my mission, I was at a spiritual place where it would have been a good time to die as far as that goes. I think the sad part is all the things we imagine he will miss out on. I also thaik that is an illusion. He has gone back to real life. I heard it described this way by a gal who had a near death experience. This life is the one that doesn't seem real after it is over. She said it felt so good to be home again. Obviously she had to come back. But I like to look at it like that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple