"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, June 13, 2005
 
Cordeiro Manor Update
Two weeks, the contractor says. This is going to be the longest two weeks of my life.

Here is a transcript of a phone conversation between myself and the Ravishing Sister Cordeiro last week:

Me: Hi babe. How's life at the house?
RSC: Its hot. Damn hot.
Me: Really? How hot is it?
RSC: Fool! (she calls me this a lot) Was you born on the sun? I'm telling you its hot. Damn hot. Very hot. Worse than that, its hot and wet! You think I like living in a jungle?
Me: Guess we should call the HVAC guy and have him give the AC a once over?
RSC: Only if you don't want to sleep in the attic.

Ok, some "artistic" license might have been taken with the transcript.

Bottom line, you don't live on the east coast without a functioning air conditioner. Its not the heat that bothers me - its the moisture content of the air. Some days you can put your hands out, grab a few fistfulls of air and squeeze our a few gallons of water.

Sigh.

Another 5 large into the home improvement budget, because as long as he's down there with the AC, the furnace was looking kind of shaky too.

I think I'm going to have to start adding something stronger than vanilla to my daily Diet Coke.
Comments:
Well I just came back from the store and added cherry to my pepsi.. That kind of day.. I had to turn on the A/C it is so humid and hot..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple