"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Thursday, May 12, 2005
 
Football and Testimony
East Coast Eddie penned (typed actually) a post that reminded me of something I learned a long time ago. The basic fundamentals of the gospel are really very simple. That's a good thing, because I like simple.

Of course, in my mind, I relate most everything to football, so I was reminded of the following story of Green Bay Packers' Coach Vince Lombardi. His team had just come off the field after losing a rather lopsided game to the Chicago Bears. Lombardi wasn't happy. He climbed on a bench and lambasted nearly every player for their shortcomings, and then announced the team would not be leaving the locker room to go home. They would return to the field to practice. They would start with the most basic fundamental principle of the game. Looking out on his team, Lombardi held aloft a pigskin and declared:

This, gentlemen, is a football. Now let's get to work.
See, this is how I base my testimony.

Either Joseph Smith saw what he saw, or he didn't.

If he did, then he was a prophet, and the Book of Mormon is true. Following that logic, the Church is true, and we have a Prophet to day.

That prophet receives Revelation, which may or (most likely) may not match current Conventional Wisdom.

As for me, I'll take Revelation over Conventional Wisdom every single time.

It really is that simple.

Here endeth the lesson.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple