"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, April 11, 2005
 
Back to Life...Back to Reality
After a whirlwind trip to SoCal, topped off by returning to find the fetching Mrs. Cordeiro and the Cordeirinhos going through various stages of any number of different maladys, only to have my own bout with a malady of my own, I am back.

I really do love SoCal. It is, after all, the land of my birth, and up until a few years ago my residence. Business called for me to leave on Sunday, arriving for my presentation Monday morning. In my infinite wisdom, I missed the last flight out of Dulles on Sunday night. It was fortunate, because I had to take the fetching Mrs. Cordeiro to the ER in order to deal with bronchitis. Left untreated (which it would have been had I left) the bronchitis would have degenerated into pneumonia. That would've really sucked big time canal water. (Sewage for those of you unfamiliar with Venice).

So, after leaving the ER at 1:00 am, I caught a few hours sleep and caught the 7:10 am flight from Dulles to LAX. My presentation was scheduled to begin at 10:30 am and my flight landed at 10:00 am. God watches out for hurried overtired husbands who take care of their wives until the wee hours of the morning. I was blessed with a cabbie who broke several speed limits and got me from LAX to Downtown inside of 20 minutes. $20 for his effort. I made my presentation on time.

On my last day in SoCal, I was driving up the 405 around 10 pm, having completed the obligatory visit to Mrs. Cordeiro's parents. I was tired, and intent on getting back to my hotel. Somewhere close to the Azusa exit on the 405, my car started acting funny, like it was mysteriously forced to leave the freeway. I was tired, my sight grew dim, but I saw a shimmering light. It was in the form of an In And Out Burger sign, pointing the way to Burger Bliss.

One Double-Double, Animal Style with a large Diet Coke. I was refreshed, my car returned to its normal function, and I returned to my hotel.

Who says you can't have a religious experience with a Cheeseburger?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple