"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, November 08, 2004
 
Bad News for Arafat
You know you're in bad shape when people go out of their way to inform the news media that you are not dead yet. Such is the scene outside some military hospital in France:

Cart Man (clanging a gong): Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!
Wannabe Palestinian Leader (WPL): Here he is. Take him away.
Arafat: I'm not dead!
WPL: Oh yes you are.
Arafat: No, I'm not. I'm not dead! I'm feeling much better now. I think I'll go for a walk!
WPL: Can't he just up and die already?
Arafat: I feel happy!

Its just a matter of time. Maybe the Palestinians will put up someone who can seriously negotiate for peace. I know its a long shot. Never give up all hope.

On to more serious subjects.

I have read much regarding the whirlwind of controversy surrounding Senator Arlen Specter (r-Pa). I personally don't care for Specter, especially after his somehow finding a way to vote against convicting Clinton by somehow finding an obscure Scottish precedent for finding a case not proved.

I like the guy even less after he "warned" W against appointing Pro-Life judges to the federal bench. This from a guy who, were it not for the support of W, would not have made it past the primary. If he were somehow denied the chairmanship of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I don't think I'd shed too many tears.

That said, Hugh makes a good argument for Specter as chairman. Read it, and make up your own mind.

Finally, and most importantly, US soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines, together with Iraqi military forces (how's that for allies, Lurch?) are in harms way as I write this. They are, at long last, pressing forward to rid Falluja of the insurgent terrorist element that has plagued that city for far too long.

Let us pray for their safety and ultimate victory. To them, I say thank you. Good luck, Godspeed, and Good Hunting.

Here endeth the lesson.
Comments:
If you like that, I helped a buddy of mine rip off the dead parrot sketch.

http://fuzzy_the_bear.blogspot.com/2004/11/dead-arafat-sketch.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple