"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, June 21, 2004
 
Poor Bubba:

The New York Times book review of Wilhelm von der Schliekmeister's book "My Lie" is, well, let's just say its less than flattering.

Here is just some of the verbiage used to describe his work:

Sloppy, self-indulgent and often eye-crossingly dull, the sound of one man prattling away, not for the reader, but for himself and some distant recording angel of history.

I have no doubt people will buy it. I, myself, will not. I have enough door stops in my home as it is.

Bubba also complained about the "Slick Willie" moniker that seems to have affixed itself to his presidency. He claims its not a fair representation for his legacy. If Bubba is worried about how his legacy is seen, he should read Fred Barnes' piece in the Weekly Standard. Fred boils eight years of Clintonism down to a few pages. Gotta love Fred.

I wonder what he thinks of the moniker Wilhelm von der Schliekmeister.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple