"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, April 21, 2004
 
On Wartime, Medals, and Honor:

I am not a veteran, nor have I served in the armed forces of the United States in any capacity. Therefore, it does not behoove me to criticize those who have donned the uniform and been sent into harm’s way to fight our nation’s battles. I don’t believe any civilian has the right to question the exploits of any veteran – much less the events or reasons behind medals awarded for combat service or wounds resulting from it.

Thankfully, I don’t have to indulge in any of the above listed conduct. Two Vietnam Veterans have done the asking for me. Check out their commentary here. Then, contrast it to an interview published by a British paper on the recent exploits of truly brave Marines in Fallujah. Hat tip to Hugh for the linkage.

There, dear reader, is a lesson in courage under fire.

Here endeth the lesson.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple