"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Friday, February 20, 2004
 
On Howie's End:

This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

- The Hollow Men by TS Eliot

Howie's end came not with a whimper, but a scream that, had I not heard it for myself I would have attributed to Gonzo from The Muppet Show. But when you consider the fact that Howie and Company burned through nearly $50 million on the way to that fateful night in Iowa, his end really did come with a whimper.

One can only hope Howie drifts back into that small obscure corner of Vermont from which he came. One can also hope to win the Virginia Powerball Lottery - this week scheduled to be worth about a quarter billion dollars. The chances of one happening are about as good as the other.

I did not usually take time from my schedule to watch the nine dwarf's debate policy nuance. I had more important things to do - I would have found something more important to do - possibly watch a Seinfeld rerun. I did however catch the highlight reel after one debate, and one thing Howie said really made sense to me. He said:

You can't trust the right wing with your tax money.

And for once, I agreed with Howie. Ok, everybody get back on your chair. Yes, I did agree with something Howie said. You can't trust the right wing with your tax money. You can't trust the left wing with your tax money. Hell, you can't trust anyone inside the beltway with your tax money - and I haven't even gotten started with the nuts running the tax show on the state and local levels.

That, dear Howie is why there is only one solution to the problem you put forth. If neither the right nor left wing can be trusted with tax money, the only solution left is to send as little of said tax money to them as possible.

Here endeth the lesson.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple