"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, October 27, 2003
 
On Pelosi:

Normally I wouldn’t give Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) the time of day. But her comments regarding the recent round up of undocumented (insert illegal) cleaning contractors at WalMart stores across the country.

Her Highness Pelosi said, and I quote lest I be accused of making this up, “"It instills a great deal of fear in people who are only trying to earn a living and put food on the table for their family.” She then referred to the Friday police raids as “terrorizing”.

Why is it that I feel compelled to state the obvious? Oh, I forgot. Ms. Pelosi is from San Francisco and they do things different out there.

Memo to Nancy: The people rounded up in these raids have broken the law. They are therefore, by definition, criminals. That, my dear Congresswoman, is why they live in fear. I realize you depend on these people to get yourself elected, but again, that is not my problem. As a former California Taxpayer, your policies and also those you espoused during your visit south of the border, are some of the many reasons why I no longer live in the Golden State.

I have no problem with immigration so long as it is legal and sanctioned by state and federal government entities. Those people who choose to circumvent the immigration process should be served with a one way bus ticket back to the country of their origin. Period. The enforcement raids are not terrorizing acts. They are the act of enforcing existing law. If that is terrorizing to you, Nancy, get used to it.

Here endeth the lesson.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple