"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Wednesday, September 24, 2003
 
On Wesley Clark: (Probably the first of many comments)

Wesely Clark has thrown his hat into the democratic presidential circle. Damn its getting crowded in there. However, the silence of the military on his candicacy is deafening. Its almost like listening to the response to the Monty Python's Holy Grail narrator statement:

Narrator: "And there was much rejoicing"
Faint crowd response: "Yay."
(Note lack of exclamation point.
For the full effect, here is the audio link.

Where there is military comment, it is not favorable. Retired General H. Hugh Shelton had the following response on whether or not he would support Clark's run:

"I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."

Shelton is a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a 38 year veteran with 2 tours in Vietnam and a Green Beret. His ribbons take up most of his uniform. I'll take him at his word as someone who knows Clark's military credentials.

Hey, Wes, when someone like Shelton makes this kind of comment, people listen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple