"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Monday, July 21, 2003
 
A friend of mine sent this link to me today. I’ve seen many of these circulating around the net over the past two years. I click on them, I watch them, and then I go back to what I was doing. For some reason, today was different. Today I was reminded that I am still angry.

Perhaps it is my location. On September 11, 2001, I lived and worked in Los Angeles - about as far away from the events of that morning as one can possibly be and still be within the country. Today I sit in an office tower overlooking the eastern wall of the Pentagon. Though one would never know by the looks of the structure, the effects of that fateful day in September can still be seen in the faces of those who work there – every time a plane takes off from Reagan National Airport.

People ask me why it is I work where I do, and I have a simple answer. It is a number. 2,955. That’s the number of my fellow citizens, comrades, and compatriots who went to work that morning and never came home. Yes, my fellow Americans, I am still angry. I have not forgotten, nor will I forget. I do not care about the underlying reasons as to why the terrorists attacked my country. I have personally had enough of militant muslims attacking my country. For those of you who ask ‘What do you mean?’ I refer you to the bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, the bombing of PanAm Flight 103, the siege and subsequent taking of hostages from the US Embassy in Tehran. Those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head. There are others.

I’m usually a very caring person. That being said, I don’t care. I don’t care what the French, Canadians, Brazilians, Russians, Germans, or those people living in Fiji think about the actions of my country. I simply don’t care – especially about the French. These people live far better lives in far better countries than would exist without the blood and sacrifice of the American people they claim to despise.

That’s my rant for today.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Mormon Temple